Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from My Recipe Journey
- 680.38 g ground pork
- 118.29 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds (I toasted the seeds)
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml dried cilantro
- 118.29 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- corn oil
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 226.79 g thin spaghetti
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml grated fresh ginger, I only used 1/2 tsp
Slurry ingredients if sauce is too thin
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml cold water
- In a saucepan, over low heat, add the brown sugar, white wine and soy sauce.
- Stir and cook just until the sugar melts; about 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger; stir and continue to simmer over very low heat, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the meatball ingredients except the sesame oil and spaghetti.
- Using your hands, mix well.
- Form the mixture into meatballs.
- In a shallow frying pan, add about a 1/4 inch of corn oil with 2 teaspoons sesame oil; heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Add the meatballs a few at a time.
- Brown each side.
- Remove to a paper towel. Repeat the process.
- Once all the meatballs are browned, wipe out the frying pan with a paper towel (do not rinse or wash), and put the meatballs back into the pan.
- Pour the sauce over the top, and let simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Right before serving, cook the noodles according to the package direction.
- Add the meatballs to the noodles.
- If the sauce is a bit thin, make a slurry with 1 tbls cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Add it to the sauce and stir until thickened.
- Pour over the noodles, gently toss.