Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from My Recipe Journey
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (I toasted the seeds)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- corn oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, I only used 1/2 tsp
Slurry ingredients if sauce is too thin
- 1In a saucepan, over low heat, add the brown sugar, white wine and soy sauce.
- 2Stir and cook just until the sugar melts; about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the ginger; stir and continue to simmer over very low heat, for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 5In a mixing bowl, add all of the meatball ingredients except the sesame oil and spaghetti.
- 6Using your hands, mix well.
- 7Form the mixture into meatballs.
- 8In a shallow frying pan, add about a 1/4 inch of corn oil with 2 teaspoons sesame oil; heat until hot, about 2 minutes.
- 9Add the meatballs a few at a time.
- 10Brown each side.
- 11Remove to a paper towel. Repeat the process.
- 12Once all the meatballs are browned, wipe out the frying pan with a paper towel (do not rinse or wash), and put the meatballs back into the pan.
- 13Pour the sauce over the top, and let simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes.
- 14Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 15Right before serving, cook the noodles according to the package direction.
- 16Add the meatballs to the noodles.
- 17If the sauce is a bit thin, make a slurry with 1 tbls cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Add it to the sauce and stir until thickened.
- 18Pour over the noodles, gently toss.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Meatballs and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.2
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.7 mg
- Sodium 1496.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 32.3 g