1/2 Photos of Asian Meatballs
Gay Gilmore's Note:
A big hit at our wedding. Meatballs can be formed 1 day ahead and kept in refrigerator uncooked, and then just cooked and served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 6 ounces sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casings
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, divided
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnut
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- kosher salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine the pork, sausage, ginger, shallot, water chestnuts, soy sauce and cilantro.
- 3use your hands to form the mixture into 1-inch balls, placing the meatballs into a large roasting pan.
- 4Cook the meatballs for 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan every 5 minutes to rotate the meatballs and brown the sides evenly.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of water and set aside.
- 6When the meatballs are done, remove them from the pan to cool.
- 7Place the roasting pan over medium heat and add the garlic and ginger.
- 8Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- 9Add the chicken stock, stirring up any cooked on bits.
- 10Stir in the remaining soy sauce, brown sugar, and chili paste.
- 11Bring the mixture to a boil, then whisk in the cornstarch mixture, and simmer until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 12Pour the warm sauce over the meatballs and toss to coat.
- 13The meatballs may be held in the roasting pan, covered with foil for up to 1 hour (over very very low heat if you want).
- 14Serve with toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 66.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g