Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe on Pintrest - made a test batch before a party - they turned out so well that I had to share it.
- 2 lbs ground pork or 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced green onion
- toasted sesame seeds, sliced scallions (optional)
Asian Sauce Ingredients
- 2⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, mix together meatball ingredients until well-combined. Shape into balls (I made mine about 1.5 inches, which yielded about 35 meatballs, but 1 inch is probably standard), and place on a greased baking sheet or in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until meatballs are golden on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.
- While the meatballs are baking, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until blended. Once meatballs have finished cooking, you can either dip each meatball individually (using a toothpick) in the sauce mixture. Or you can pour the sauce over the meatballs and gently stir them until covered.
- Serve warm, and sprinkle with additional garnish if desired.
Wow these were wonderful! After I baked them I put them into crockpot with pineapple, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. I doubled the sauce! Made for my three chefs and they were a winner!