Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in Women's Day, and since I am always looking for more recipes to use Ramen noodles, I copied this down. Looks easy and good. You could sub. 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen vegetables for the broccoli and carrots.
- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 59.14 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 7.39 ml light soy sauce
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 226.79 g fresh broccoli florets
- 226.79 g baby carrots, cut in half diagonally
- 2 (170.09 g) package oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles (with flavoring pkt)
- 170.09 g fresh sugar snap peas, stems and strings removed (about 2 1/4 C)
- 9.85 ml dark oriental sesame oil
- sliced scallion (for garnish)
- Meatballs: Mix ingredients until blended. Place mixture on wax paper and pat into a 6-inch square; cut into 36 (1 inch) squares.
- Bring 5 cups water to a gentle boil in a 4- to 5-qt pot.
- Add carrots, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes until almost tender.
- Add meatballs to pot, 1 at a time. Stir in contents of noodle seasoning packets and the broccoli. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 6 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Break each block of noodles into 4 pieces and add to soup; cook, stirring to separate strands, about 1 minute.
- Stir in sugar snap peas and boil gently 2 minutes or until noodles are tender and peas turn bright green.
- Stir in sesame oil and remove from heat. Garnish bowls with scallions and serve.
This is delightful and healthy! I've never made square meatballs before -- what a treat! I used panko (Japanese breadcrumbs). Made as directed and will make again! Thanks, WI Cheesehead! Made for Photo Tag.