1/1 Photo of Asian Meatball Soup
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I found this in Women's Day, and since I am always looking for more recipes to use Ramen noodles, I copied this down. Looks easy and good. You could sub. 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen vegetables for the broccoli and carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1Meatballs: Mix ingredients until blended. Place mixture on wax paper and pat into a 6-inch square; cut into 36 (1 inch) squares.
- 2Bring 5 cups water to a gentle boil in a 4- to 5-qt pot.
- 3Add carrots, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes until almost tender.
- 4Add meatballs to pot, 1 at a time. Stir in contents of noodle seasoning packets and the broccoli. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 6 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- 5Break each block of noodles into 4 pieces and add to soup; cook, stirring to separate strands, about 1 minute.
- 6Stir in sugar snap peas and boil gently 2 minutes or until noodles are tender and peas turn bright green.
- 7Stir in sesame oil and remove from heat. Garnish bowls with scallions and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Meatball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.9
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 1173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 20.9 g