Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a great way to serve flank steak. I serve it with stir fried vegetables, and a ginger slaw. You might want to use the low sodium soy sauce. I do not.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled (about a 1 inch piece)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 lbs flank steaks
- Combine 1st seven ingredients in a blender, until pureed.
- Place flank steak in a large ziploc bag and pour marinade into bag.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Prepare charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Reserve marinade.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes per side.
- When turning the first time, brush some of the marinade on top of the meat.
- Boil the remaining marinade to serve with the meat.
- Cut across the grain, and serve with cooked basmati rice.