Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The warmth of nutmeg helps to round out the sweet, salt, and tangy marinade. Serve this dish with steamed sugar snap peas and rice or soba noodles for a lovely Asian-style meal. Prep time does not include 24 hours marinating time, so plan accordingly.
- 44.37 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml water
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml dark sesame oil
- 1.23 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g flank steak, trimmed
- cooking spray
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup hoisin mixture; spoon remaining mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill, grill pan or broiler to medium-high heat.
- Place steak on rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with reserved 1/4 cup sauce.
Talk about flavorful!!!! I loved this Asian flavored flank steak!!! I marinated it for close to the 24 hours and recommend you do so in order to get a really great flavored & tender flank steak!!! I served this steak with some sauteed onions, baked potato and salad!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.