Recipe by JackieOhNo!
The warmth of nutmeg helps to round out the sweet, salt, and tangy marinade. Serve this dish with steamed sugar snap peas and rice or soba noodles for a lovely Asian-style meal. Prep time does not include 24 hours marinating time, so plan accordingly.
Top Review by diner524
Talk about flavorful!!!! I loved this Asian flavored flank steak!!! I marinated it for close to the 24 hours and recommend you do so in order to get a really great flavored & tender flank steak!!! I served this steak with some sauteed onions, baked potato and salad!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup hoisin mixture; spoon remaining mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak to bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill, grill pan or broiler to medium-high heat.
- Place steak on rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with reserved 1/4 cup sauce.