Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The times listed does not included marinating time.
- 2 cucumbers (about 12 oz)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Peel the cucumbers & cut in half lengthwise then scrape out & discard the seeds. Cut the cucumber into slices & place into a large shallow bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients & pour over the cucumber slices. Stir to coat then cover & refrigerate at least 4 hours.
This easy to make salad is a nice option for fresh cucumbers. I reduced the amounts to make a half batch. I added a 1/2 t of sesame oil into the mixture & would shake the container whenever I thought about it. The cucumbers were well seasoned by dinner. Made for Asian Tag.
Great tasting cucumber salad! I normally use rice vinegar and olive oil but wanted something different and am glad I picked this one! I used the vegetable oil and garlic powder instead of the cloves. I also left out the sugar since I use seasoned rice vinegar. Will make this one alot!
This dressing adds so much flavor to cucumbers. I used fresh cucumbers from my garden. I stirred a few time to let the cucumber marinate. Thanks Nasseh :) Made for Ramadan tag game