Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was from my Niece's church cookbook and it is the best I've ever used.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (if possible find a "sweet soy sauce called ketjap, it's in the dutch section of the grocery stores)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice (or I've purchase the pineapple or orange canned juice)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic (or use 2 cloves fresh)
- Mix all ingredients in marinade dish.
- Marinade overnight (up to 48 hrs.).
- Great for Steaks, Pork or Chicken.
- I REFUSE to eat pork, however, when marinated in this, it was AWESOME!
This makes up very nicely. I was lazy so I used garlic and ginger powders. I did add about 1 tsp of sesame seed oil just to give it a little more of a punch! DH really enjoyed it! Can't get any easier that this one!
This is an awesome marinade! Used to make some holiday appetizers and a real winner, just as one expects from a Church or Community Cookbook! Made as posted using fresh cloves of garlic - wouldn't change a thing. Been added to my Appetizer Cookbook as well as to my Family Favourites. Thank you for an Asian Sauce that will be seeing to many repeats in my kitchen.
Great marinade. I used fresh garlic. I marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts at least 6 hours. The chicken was tender with a great taste. Thanks Bekeur :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game