Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend had suggested ages ago, after marinading and immediately before grilling or cooking, to place 1 small spring of rosemary on top each piece of meat. The Asian-rosemary infused flavor is delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce or 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced thin
- ground black pepper
- Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl. Place meat, poultry, fish, or vegetables in zipper lock bag or in shallow, nonreactive pan. Pour marinade over contents and seal or cover. Turn zipper lock bag or stir contents of pan occasionally to evenly distribute marinade.
- Prepare 1/2 cup marinade per pound of meat. See description for suggested use of rosemary.
Delicious! I marinated the chicken breasts for about 5 hours, then grilled. They smelled amazing and I couldn't wait to eat. We had unexpected company and had to put dinner on hold for 3 hours. We covered the chicken with foil and kept it warm in the oven. I was sure it had dried out, but it was still juicy and flavorful. I'm looking forward to making this recipe again and eating right off the grill. Thanks for posting!
This marinade is TASTY and just perfect. I used it to marinate chicken tenderloins for 60 minutes, maybe less and grilled 'em up. Cooled and served with Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad - Make Ahead. It made for a perfect light dinner on a hot summer night. Thanks gailanng!
We really enjoyed this marinade, the meat was barbecued and was tender, juicy and with a great tangy flavor, Will definately be using this again, thanks so much for posting this. Its so quick and simple.