Recipe by Undercoverfatty
This is so good. I have been eating it off and on for weeks. If you like noodles with asian flair then this is the dish for you. It is so nice becuase you can change it up and have a whole new meal.
Top Review by *Parsley*
These noodles were pretty good, but I think this would work better if made a s a soup. I used the seasoning packets from the noodles, so I just used water in place of broth. I would add more liquid and more mushrooms next time and eat this as a noodle soup. Thanx for posting.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces beef broth or 12 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder (or to taste)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a piece of foil that is two to three times as big as the baking dish you will be using and line the bottom of the pan.
- finley chop garlic and onions. place them into the bottom of the foil lined pan.
- take the bricks of noodles and break them in to a few pieces so that they fit in an even layer over the onions and garlic (reserve the oriental seasoning that come with the noodles for anotehr step).
- dump the mushrooms with the water that is in the can on top of the noodles.
- (OPTIONAL) you can now place shrimp or salmon on top of the mushrooms now if you want for a yummy addition.
- now zest and juice the lime on top of your noodle and mushroom layer or ontop of the meat if you chose to add it to your dish.
- then sprinkle the oriental flavor packs and the chinese 5 spice on the top of the dish or your meat. Then salt and pepper to your liking.
- Now take pour 8oz of your stock down the side of the dish so that it doesnt wash away your seasonings you just added.
- Now bunch the foil up like a tent leaving just a small opening for venting.
- Place in oven for 25 mins and then check the level of the broth, add more to your liking or if the noodles are not done and still need more moisture then retent and place in the oven till the noodles are just done yet still have a bit to them.