I was looking to add a bit of spice to our Vietnamese salad bowls. These shrimp make a great addition to the dish, and would probably be great on a cold salad or with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the sesame oil, dried chilli’s & crushed garlic in a small bowl and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- 2While you are waiting, if you haven’t done so already, peel & devein the shrimp.
- 3Rinse shrimp in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 4After the oil has sat for 30 minutes, heat the oil in a frying pan or wok.
- 5Add green onions and shrimp to pan. Add a pinch of powdered garlic, salt & pepper if desired.
- 6Cook shrimp 3-4 minutes over medium heat or until their bodies touch their tails and turn pink.
- 7Remove from heat & serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Like Spicy Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.9
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 438.7 mg
- Sodium 511.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 48.6 g