A delicious vegetarian recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine(2003).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons japanese miso (or Korean toenjang bean paste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 avocado, peeled
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded
- 2 1/2 ounces white radishes, julienned (or daikon)
- 2 ounces bean sprouts, raw
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika (or Korean red pepper powder)
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1To make Miso Sauce:.
- 2Place brown sugar in heavy saucepan, and melt over medium-low heat, being careful not to burn. Remove from heat, and stir miso and sesame seeds into melted sugar.
- 3To make Wrapping:.
- 4Trim edges of lettuce leaves to make them uniformly circular. Stack sesame or basil leaves alongside.
- 5To make Salad:.
- 6Heat oil in skillet or wok over medium-high heat, and stir-fry tofu about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- 7Slice avocado into 1½-inch-long pieces. Slice red pepper into 1 ½-inch-long pieces. Set aside.
- 8Combine white radish with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon red pepper powder. Set aside.
- 9Combine bean sprouts with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 10To assemble rolls, place 1 lettuce leaf on flat surface, and layer remaining ingredients in following order: basil leaf, bean sprout mixture, radish mixture, tofu, cucumber, avocado and red pepper. Spoon about ½ teaspoon Miso Sauce over top. Wrap by tucking ends in, and roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Lettuce Wraps(Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: