Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Super quick and easy, and great for a hot summer day. Often instead of wrapping in lettuce, I just serve on a mound of salad greens.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon asian chili paste
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 inch chunk fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (rotisserie makes it easy)
- 1 -2 head butter lettuce, separated into leaves
- Blend dressing ingredients in a blender, set aside.
- Mix filling ingredients in a large bowl, add enough dressing to coat, and toss thoroughly. Serve with lettuce leaves to wrap filling inches.
Made these for PAC '11. These are my new favorite lettuce wraps! I have a lot of lettuce wrap recipes, but these have now become my new favorite. My family ate them up before I could even get a photo. I'll have to try them soon again and sneak in a photo before I release them to the crowd! The flavors of the sauce just dance! Perfect combination of ingredients. We love them! I served the wraps with a side of fried rice. Thanks, June!