Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet and spicy. How can you go wrong? I feel these are similar to the ones served at P. F. Changs. This can be served hot or cold. I usually serve this with a cool yogurt and cucumber salad. I use the leftovers on my lunch salad the next day.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce (mae ploy)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2⁄3 cup rice vinegar (apple cider vinegar will work)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger (minced)
- Brown the chicken in the oil in large skillet.
- Add soy, sweet chili /mae ploy sauce, sesame seeds, pine nuts, rice vinegar, garlic,and ginger.
- Cook one minute.
- Wrap in lettuce leaves with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Wanted to love this but was a little too sweet for my tastes. Next time I will use straight chili sauce instead of sweet. Loved the texture with the sesame and pine nuts.
Mmmm, so simple and delicious! I didn't have any rice vinegar so used some sake instead and also substituted parsley for the cilantro for the same reason. The lettuce I had was too small to bother trying to wrap it so I served over a bed of the lettuce and it made a great light dinner.