Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from a Weight Watchers magazine. This is a 5 point value. Each wrap should get 3/4 cup turkey filling.
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 ounces ground turkey breast or 6 ounces very ground lean pork
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cabbage leaves
- 12 inches whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Saute the scallions and minced garlic in the peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet until tender.
- Crumble in the turkey and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, hoisin sauce, and ground ginger. Bring just to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a large cabbage leaf on each of the 2 warmed tortillas and place half the turkey filling on top of each one; roll up to enclose.
I had high hopes for this recipe... was hoping to introduce some asian flair to the family. But after making it I couldn't even bring myself to serve it. The flavors were off, it was bland, but because the flavors were so off I couldn't even salvage it. Ended up tossing and ordering pizza.