Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Phoenix Home & Garden Magazine
Make and share this Asian Inspired Zucchini recipe from Food.com.
- Use a mandolin to slice zucchini thinly and lengthwise to form a ribbon.
- Peel and thinly slice red onion and finely mince garlic.
- Heat sesame and olive oils together in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender.
- Add soy sauce, garlic and ginger and sauté briefly.
- Adjust heat to medium; add zucchini and continue to sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat, transfer to serving dish, top with sesame seeds and serve.
- To modify to italian, use 2 tablespoons olive oil and omit sesame seed oil, ginger and soy sauce. Add 2 to 3 diced plum tomatoes and a pinch of red pepper flakes before tossing in zucchini. Sprinkle with chopped parsley instead of sesame seeds. Season with salt & pepper.
We really liked the taste of the asian seasonings with the Zucchini, but, did not like the texture of the zucchini ribbons, it was slimy. Next time we make the recipe, we will just slice the zucchini. Instead of grated ginger, we used ginger paste and used peanut oil instead of the olive oil.