1/4 Photos of Asian-Inspired Tuna Cakes
Found this recipe in "The Metro St. Louis Guide to Smart Parenting" as a kid-friendly healthy recipe. Very simple and very tasty! The sauce rEALLY makes the recipe! The soy and panko give a nice twist to the familiar boring tuna cakes of yesteryear. Can be used as a main dish or as an appetizer. NOTE: Due to the concensus of reviewers, I have decreased the original 1/4 cup soy sauce to 1.5 tablespoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/2 small white onion, minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1Beat eggs and then combine with tuna, soy sauce, pepper, onion, panko and melted butter.
- 2Form into patties (make small ones, so everyone gets 2 for a meal) and chill in refrigerator for 20 minues.
- 3In the meanwhile, make your dipping sauce. Mix the mayo, garlic powder, lemon juice, lemon pepper and Tabasco sauce (feel free to add more as you like).
- 4Place dipping sauce in a sandwich size Ziplock baggie.
- 5Heat oil in large pan.
- 6Cook tuna cakes for approx 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning cakes only once to get good color.
- 7When browned on each side, remove and place on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- 8Take baggie with the dipping sauce and barely snip off one of the corners of the baggie. Drizzle the sauce over the top of each cake.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Inspired Tuna Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 574.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: