Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe wakes up the old boring American pan stir-fry with chili peppers and chipotle powder. SPICY and HEALTHY!
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb lean beef steak, cut into very thin slices
- 10 ounces snow peas
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 serrano chili, seeded cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- steamed rice, for 4 servings
- In a small bowl, wisk together the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set off to the side.
- Heat oil in wok until hot and wisping smoke. I usually heat my cast iron wok over medium/medium low heat for 30 minutes to ensure the pan is evenly hot and then blast the heat when I start cooking.
- Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes - or until evenly browned. Add yellow bell pepper and serrano chili and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and stir-fry for an addition minute and a half. Wisk soy sauce mixture until blended again and add sauce to stir-fry. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Transfer stir-fry to a serving vessel. Add the chipotle powder and mix in evenly. Drizzle sesame oil over the top of the stir-fry.
- Serve immediately over steamed rice.