1 hr 15 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
A wonderful fruity, flavorful salad that screams for a glass of your favorite white wine! Recipe was found on Wine Spectator Magazine's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups dry white wine (or water or wine combination)
- 1 lb shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup olive oil (or peanut oil)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 limes, Grated zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 diced jalapenos or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 papayas, ripe (or 2 mangos, or 1 cantaloupe)
- 6 cups lettuce, torn
- 6 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, torn
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1In a saucepan, bring the wine/water to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2Add the shrimp, and poach until they turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
- 4Refrigerate for at least one hour, or until cold.
- 5Discard the poaching liquid.
- 6In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, juice, zest, sugar and red pepper flakes to make the vinaigrette.
- 7Season with salt and additional red pepper flakes, if desired.
- 8Peel, pit, and slice the fruit. If using papayas, cut them in half to scoop out and discard the seeds before slicing.
- 9Toss the shrimp with 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette, and marinate for 5 minutes.
- 10In a large mixing bowl, combine the lettuces, mint and basil.
- 11Drizzle half of the remaining vinaigrette over the lettuces and herbs.
- 12Toss to coat, and divide among individual salad plates.
- 13Top with the shrimp and the fruit.
- 14Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette on top, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Inspired Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (842 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.1
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 202.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 25.4 g