1/1 Photo of Asian-Inspired Rice Noodle Soup (Microwave)
I was craving some kind of Asian-style noodle soup or bowl last night, but I didn't feel like going out. I LOVE the Macau shrimp noodle soup from the Elephant Bar restaurant, and tried to make a homemade version that tasted similar. The Elephant Bar's soup has a lot more veggies in it, but this is good for a quick noodle soup fix!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces rice noodles, broken into about 2-inch pieces (like Thai Kitchen rice noodles)
- 12 -14 shrimp, cooked (medium-size, tail off, peeled, deveined, I used cooked frozen ones)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag broccoli cole slaw
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 7 drops hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients, except Sriracha sauce, in a 2.5 quart microwavable bowl (I use a large, glass Pyrex bowl).
- 2Microwave on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until noodles are soft and bullion cubes have dissolved.
- 3Ladle into serving bowls, and season with Sriracha sauce (or any other seasonings you'd like).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Inspired Rice Noodle Soup (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 1250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli cole slaw