1/1 Photo of Asian-Inspired Rice Noodle Soup (Microwave)
I was craving some kind of Asian-style noodle soup or bowl last night, but I didn't feel like going out. I LOVE the Macau shrimp noodle soup from the Elephant Bar restaurant, and tried to make a homemade version that tasted similar. The Elephant Bar's soup has a lot more veggies in it, but this is good for a quick noodle soup fix!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces rice noodles, broken into about 2-inch pieces (like Thai Kitchen rice noodles)
- 12 -14 shrimp, cooked (medium-size, tail off, peeled, deveined, I used cooked frozen ones)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag broccoli cole slaw
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 7 drops hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha (optional)
- 1Combine all ingredients, except Sriracha sauce, in a 2.5 quart microwavable bowl (I use a large, glass Pyrex bowl).
- 2Microwave on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until noodles are soft and bullion cubes have dissolved.
- 3Ladle into serving bowls, and season with Sriracha sauce (or any other seasonings you'd like).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Inspired Rice Noodle Soup (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 1250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli cole slaw