1/3 Photos of Asian Inspired Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
I love Chinese Take Out. But why order Chinese, when it's so much fun to make it yourself. This may not be authentic, but it's really really tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork tenderloin chops, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced on an angle
- 1 small onion, sliced into strips
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (you can use less, I like it spicy)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon plain rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (I like my sauce thin, if you like it thicker use 1 1/2 to 2 tbs.)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Add sliced pork to large bowl, cover with water and white vinegar. Let sit for a couple of minutes. Rinse well, and pat dry. Note: This is my method of washing meat, you can skip this step if you want to.
- 2In a large bowl combine Pork, 2 tbs. soy sauce, rice vinegar, 3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 teaspoons chopped ginger, sesame oil, and sugar. Toss to coat. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours (the longer it marinades the better it will taste). Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- 3After the pork has marinated and is at room temperature, remove pork from marinade, pat dry with paper towel (do not discard marinade). In the same bowl with the marinade add 2 tbs. soy sauce, 1 cup chicken stock, and cornstarch. Mix well, set aside.
- 4Heat a wok, or large deep saute pan over high heat until hot. Add canola oil, when oil is hot, add the pork. Stir-fry pork until no longer pink, about two minutes (I did this in 2 batches, not to overcrowd the pan).
- 5Transfer pork to plate and cover with foil. Add the onion to the pan, cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add remaining 3 cloves chopped garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and remaining 1 teaspoons ginger. Cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- 6Add the carrots, broccoli, and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Add the soy sauce mixture and the pork back to the pan, cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 8Serve over brown rice or my white rice White Rice.
- 9Hope you enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Inspired Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (969 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1629.2
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 735.3 mg
- Sodium 1752.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 258.0 g