Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sliced cucumbers tossed with rice-wine vinegar make for a refreshing and simple summer salad. From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cucumbers and toss to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable (1/2 Carbohydrate Serving).
Cucumbers, CHECK! Asian Rice Vinegar, CHECK! = your set for a screaming, lovely, salad. That's all you'll need in the world. Oh, yes...grab a fork. Better yet, use your fingers.
Used fresh grown cuke. My first from the garden. :) I so forgot to get a picture but I do have some leftover. It`ll be uploaded tomorrow unless I get the munchies. :) Thanks. Made for ZWT6
Fantastic, fast & easy! love the sweet/hot thing with the sugar & cayenne. made for zwt6 asia!