Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a quick recipe I came up with on the spur of the moment for a flavorful side dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bunches asparagus (thin)
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- After breaking the asparagus at its weak point and tossing the woody part out, I wrap the group of stalks with a rubberband to make them easier to cut.
- Then I cut the asparagus cross wise into 3/8" pieces. (Does not have to be precise).
- On medium heat, melt butter in a skillet and then add the asparagus pieces.
- Saute on medium heat for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Reduce temperature to low.
- Add Hoisin and Sweet Chili sauce to asparagus and stirring to mix thoroughly.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on low stirring frequently.
I loved the flavors, and the way the asparagus stayed crisp. Very easy to prepare, as well. Thanks for posting!
Easy side to go with Asian dinner. Great flavor too! Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
Quick, easy and very tasty. Thanks for a tasty side.