1/3 Photos of Asian Hummous
Bon Appetit January 2006. Use canned beans for quicker preparation. Don't skip the star anise as it is a key ingredient. Good with shrimp chips or Kettle Chips' brand Spicy Thai potato chips!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked (*drain but reserve the bean liquid*)
- 1/4 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1/2 teaspoon regular sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (more for spicier version)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground star anise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (NOT dried)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1In a blender add all the hummous ingredients.
- 2Process ingredients and if appliance is laboring, add a little bit more of bean liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 3Process until smooth, scraping down sides of blender as necessary. Season to taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 4Transfer mixture to serving bowl and garnish with sliced scallions and whole star anise.
- 5Best prepared 1 to 2 hours in advance. Cover well (and if not eating soon, refrigerate), however serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Hummous
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 777.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smooth cashew butter
seasoned rice vinegar