Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
from 'The Everything Barbeque Cookbook' Time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb fish steaks, preferably firm-fleshed variety
- In a mixing bowl, combine honey, onion, lime juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, jalapeno, and ginger. Stir to mix well. Pour over fish and let marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill the fish for 5 minutes. Turn and cook another 5 minutes or until the flesh is flaky when tested with a fork.
Made this 2 weeks ago for while visiting friends, they loved it!!! Used a huge mahi mahi fillet and 2 sword fish steaks, only marinated it for about 40mins....but basted the entire time on the grill. Came out great! Will be making it again for another friends Bday, will try to let it soak a bit longer this time!!!
Wow...wow....wow. I think this is my favorite recipe I've found on Recipe Zaar.....and I've found many. Most Excellent mix. Only marinated about 45 - 60 minutes and sauted instead of grilling. I used Snapper and cubed it. Followed akgrown's suggestion and served with Thai Coconut Rice...what an excellent meal. Had green beans and cucumbers with onions on the side. Not to often the troops LOVE fish!Definitely a keeper!!! Thanks GothicGranola!
LOVED, LOVED this recipe!!!!!! Made it tonight for dinner along with new red potatoes and roasted zucchini. This marinade was the best flavor ever for fish. A keeper by far!