Recipe by GothicGranola
from 'The Everything Barbeque Cookbook' Time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Daniel_J
Made this 2 weeks ago for while visiting friends, they loved it!!! Used a huge mahi mahi fillet and 2 sword fish steaks, only marinated it for about 40mins....but basted the entire time on the grill. Came out great! Will be making it again for another friends Bday, will try to let it soak a bit longer this time!!!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 lb fish steaks, preferably firm-fleshed variety
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine honey, onion, lime juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, jalapeno, and ginger. Stir to mix well. Pour over fish and let marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill the fish for 5 minutes. Turn and cook another 5 minutes or until the flesh is flaky when tested with a fork.