Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a tasty stir fry recipe that my family really enjoyed. They loved the bit of sweetness that the honey brings out in this dish. When I make this again, I will add more veggies than the recipe calls for, I think it lacked in the veggie department, but other than that, it was really good. Time includes marinating.
- 1⁄8 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, sliced into strips (I used thighs)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 green onions, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- In a large zip-topped plastic bag, mix together oil, honey, soy sauce and garlic. Add chicken and marinate for 8 hours. (Do this right after breakfast-it will only take you a few minutes.)
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté chicken till nearly cooked; add the remaining ingredients and keep cooking till veggies are tender and chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve over rice.
Absolutely delicious - I'd make it more often, but every time I put it on my menu, I forget to marinate the chicken! Thanks for posting.