Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is in response to a request. It comes from the Betty Crocker book "Betty Crocker More Slow Cooker Recipes: All New Recipes Easier Than Ever".
- 3 lbs bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Place ribs in 3 1/2-to 4-quart slow cooker. Cover with onion slices. Mix hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil; pour over ribs and onion.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs to serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from surface of juices in cooker. Serve ribs with sauce; sprinkle with cilantro.
This is delicious and totally easy to make! My husband and I had some friends over on a week night so I prepared this in the morning (before work & let it cook all day) and served it with white rice and seasoned green beans.... everyone loved it! I'm definitely going to be making this one often!
This is absolutely amazing. Perfect with warm garlic coleslaw. And it smells so good all day long!
I made this tonight for our neighbours who have never eaten ribs. As I don't own a slow cooker, I put the whole lot in a covered baking dish with an extra half a cup of water. I cooked them in a slow oven for 3 hours, then took off the cover and cooked them for a further half hour. The meat fell off the bone, the flavour was fantastic, and the neighbours went home with the recipe!