Prep 24 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Plan ahead the ribs need to marinade overnight, they are broiled firsty then they finish cooking in the oven. These ribs are so easy to make and they are to die for! You can also make this using pork tenderloins, I plan on trying this using chicken pieces.
- Combine the hoisin sauce, honey, oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic and black pepper in bowl.
- Cut the ribs into serving size pieces and place in extra large heavy plastic resealable bag, pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Seal the bag and place in a large bowl, refrigerate overnight.
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- Line a large baking sheet with heavy foil.
- Arrange the ribs bone side down on the foil.
- Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan and boil for about 7-8 minutes or until thick.
- Brush the ribs with the marinade.
- Broil for 4 minutes.
- Turn the ribs over and baste generously with marinade; return to oven for another 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes remove the ribs, turn over and baste again.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the ribs for about 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds then serve.
These are terrific. My DS loves these and asks for them all the time. Really easy. Only change was that I baked them slowly at 250 for about 2 hours, then finished on the grill and brushed on the sauce several times. Next time I will make some extra sauce on the stove for dipping. Going in the keeper file. THANKS!
Excellent! I'm realizing that I'm a big fan of the sweet/salty tastes. We made this with the pork ribs but I will have to try it with other cuts as well. Only thing I did was leave out the pepper.
This turned out to be very flavorful and preparation was relatively simple. We enjoyed it.