Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wildly refreshing! Using delicate herbs and a wonderful sweet and sour vinaigrette! Adapted from Good Cooking Cookbook by Jill Dupleix
- 113.39 g arugula leaves (or spinach)
- 113.39 g mint leaves
- 113.39 g fresh basil leaves
- 113.39 g cilantro leaves
- 28.34 g chervil, leaves (or parsley)
- 118.29 ml canned bamboo shoot
- 2 shallots, peeled, halved, finely sliced (or 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced)
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar (or honey)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml toasted sesame oil
- 14.79 ml mirin (or sherry)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix the shallots, rice vinegar, and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Trim excess stems from the arugula(or spinach), and pick the leaves from the stems of the herbs. Rinse and dry the arugula and herbs. Cut the bamboo shoots into matchsticks.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, sesame oil, mirin, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in the shallot mixture, taste and adjust flavors to taste.
- Very lightly toss arugula, bamboo shoots, and herbs in the dressing.
- Serve with chopsticks. Enjoy!
This has all of my favorite herbs so how could I have possibly not loved it?? YUMMY!! Thanks for the easy yet tasty recipe. I did add some ground chili pepper to the dressing though...love it spicy!!