Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wildly refreshing! Using delicate herbs and a wonderful sweet and sour vinaigrette! Adapted from Good Cooking Cookbook by Jill Dupleix
- 4 ounces arugula leaves (or spinach)
- 4 ounces mint leaves
- 4 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces cilantro leaves
- 1 ounce chervil, leaves (or parsley)
- 1⁄2 cup canned bamboo shoot
- 2 shallots, peeled, halved, finely sliced (or 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin (or sherry)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix the shallots, rice vinegar, and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Trim excess stems from the arugula(or spinach), and pick the leaves from the stems of the herbs. Rinse and dry the arugula and herbs. Cut the bamboo shoots into matchsticks.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, sesame oil, mirin, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in the shallot mixture, taste and adjust flavors to taste.
- Very lightly toss arugula, bamboo shoots, and herbs in the dressing.
- Serve with chopsticks. Enjoy!
This has all of my favorite herbs so how could I have possibly not loved it?? YUMMY!! Thanks for the easy yet tasty recipe. I did add some ground chili pepper to the dressing though...love it spicy!!