Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another different way of making hamburgers, this time with an Asian twist.
- 4 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 can water chestnut, chopped fine
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine beef with 1/2 of the garlic, 1/2 of the scallions, the chestnuts, and the zest.
- Form into 4 patties and grill or broil.
- Saute remaining garlic and scallions with concentrate, soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, and pepper.
- Combine the broth with the cornstarch.
- Bring the concentrate mixture to a boil, add the broth, and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve the sauce over the hamburgers.