Recipe by SousChef2
This is very similar to kittencal's Asian Ground Beef recipe but with enough variation I decided to put it all together here rather than leave a lengthy note on her (delicious!) recipe. Very slightly spicy - add more chili sauce for more kick. My kids will eat it at this temp. There are no hard and fast rules with this one, folks, it is different each time I make it - use whatever frozen or leftover vegetables you have on hand and put over rice if no pasta is available.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, cooked per package directions
- 1 lb ground caribou
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or about 2 generous tsp. of the jarred variety)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 cups beef broth (low sodium recommended)
- 3 tablespoons asian chili-garlic sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I like Kittencal's idea of cooking meat and veggies in same pot as pasta, so:.
- Cook pasta in large pot until barely tender - set aside.
- In same pot, heat oil and cook onion and garlic until soft, add caribou, season with salt and pepper and brown.
- While this is cooking, combine beef broth, chili sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch - set aside.
- Add frozen vegetables, baby corn, carrot and chili sauce mixture. Heat to boiling and until sauce thickens - about 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Add spaghetti and heat through.