1/1 Photo of Asian Ground Beef, Pepper and Onion Saute
A recipe I found on www.allrecipes.com that I modified to fit my allergies and our tastes. We like our oriental food saucy, so I made extra sauce and added water chestnuts for DD. This has a kick to it from the ginger, red pepper flakes and the chili paste. Makes 6 1-cup servings. This is a WW friendly recipe, if you use 96% lean ground beef. Points value per serving as calculated on the WW website is 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cups bell peppers, chopped (I used a combination of red, yellow & green)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is GF)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- 2Over over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef until evenly browned.
- 3Drain and set aside.
- 4Add the peppers, onion, garlic and ginger.
- 5Season with parsley, red pepper, and salt.
- 6Cook and stir until tender.
- 7Return the beef to the skillet.
- 8In a small bowl, mix together the beef stock, soy sauce, molasses, chile paste, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 9Cook until heated through and sauce comes to a boil.
- 10Combine water and cornstarch and add to skillet.
- 11Stir constantly until sauce is thickened.
- 12Serve over the cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Ground Beef, Pepper and Onion Saute
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 409.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free soy sauce