Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe I found on www.allrecipes.com that I modified to fit my allergies and our tastes. We like our oriental food saucy, so I made extra sauce and added water chestnuts for DD. This has a kick to it from the ginger, red pepper flakes and the chili paste. Makes 6 1-cup servings. This is a WW friendly recipe, if you use 96% lean ground beef. Points value per serving as calculated on the WW website is 3.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cups bell peppers, chopped (I used a combination of red, yellow & green)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is GF)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Over over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef until evenly browned.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add the peppers, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Season with parsley, red pepper, and salt.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Return the beef to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the beef stock, soy sauce, molasses, chile paste, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until heated through and sauce comes to a boil.
- Combine water and cornstarch and add to skillet.
- Stir constantly until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over the cooked rice.
After all of the veggies are sliced this is super quick & easy. I opted to use lean ground turkey, slice the peppers, and throw in a fresh jalapeno too. I served with lettuce and napa cabbage leaves for rolling instead of rice and was happy with the meal. Thank you for sharing this colorful & tasty recipe!
My husband really liked this recipe. Excellent way to prepare ground beef other than soup, meatloaf, or spaghetti. Very forgiving if you have to sub an ingredient, or are lacking one. I had lots of fresh veggies and added some mushrooms. I have a feeling this will find a way into our meal rotation. Give it a try!
We thought this was good, but expected there would be a bigger Asian flavour. We had all the ingredients on hand which made it fast and easy. Thanks.