From Ina Garten, a simple, flavorful way to make salmon. I have also broiled this instead of grilling. Perfect for a dinner party! Serve it warm or cold.
- Heat grill and brush rack with olive oil to prevent fish from sticking.
- Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and garlic.
- Drizzle about half of the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit about 10 minutes.
- Place salmon skin side down on the hot grill; discard the marinade the fish was sitting in.
- Grill salmon approximately 4-5 minutes on each side (or longer as you prefer).
- Transfer the fish to a plate, skin-side down, and spoon the remaining marinade on top.
- Allow fish to rest about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin and serve.
Excellent! I baked it and added some breadcrumbs. It would taste great with some pineapple on the side to balance off the saltiness. I would definitely make it again.
My friend just served this to me at a dinner party and I loved it so much, I asked for the recipe. Luckily, it was here on Food.com, so I now have it tucked in my cookbook. Excellent flavor and it was great for a dinner party. Thanks for posting!
A friend fixed this for me while I was visiting her and it was so delicious I had to make it for my own family. I've fixed it twice already. The cooking instructions are perfect and the salmon is delicious at any temperature. The 2nd time I made it I reduced the olive oil to 4 tbsp with no real change in flavor, so I will do it that way in the future to reduce calories. Highly recommended!