Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Ina Garten, a simple, flavorful way to make salmon. I have also broiled this instead of grilling. Perfect for a dinner party! Serve it warm or cold.
- 3 lbs fresh salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat grill and brush rack with olive oil to prevent fish from sticking.
- Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and garlic.
- Drizzle about half of the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit about 10 minutes.
- Place salmon skin side down on the hot grill; discard the marinade the fish was sitting in.
- Grill salmon approximately 4-5 minutes on each side (or longer as you prefer).
- Transfer the fish to a plate, skin-side down, and spoon the remaining marinade on top.
- Allow fish to rest about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin and serve.
Excellent! I baked it and added some breadcrumbs. It would taste great with some pineapple on the side to balance off the saltiness. I would definitely make it again.
I watched Ina Garten make this on her show a few weeks ago, and I just had to make it also. It is very easy to prepare, has simple ingredients, and makes a beautiful, tasty piece of salmon. I recommend grilling, it adds so much to the salmon.
Ina Garten is my go-to gal at Food Network. I didn't have garlic when I made this the first time. I substituted fresh ginger and it was excellent, so I never tried it with garlic yet. I probably will someday, but for now, we love with the ginger.