Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great sounding recipe from TOH that I am posting for ZWT 6. The description states: You’ll love the great flavor and easy preparation of Trisha Kruse’s fresh side dish. The Eagle, Idaho cook tosses bright green beans in a sweet sauce with a subtle kick.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the beans, onion and mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Place half of the vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches square); fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Repeat with remaining vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until beans are tender, turning packets over several times to get an even coating of the sauce on all the vegetables. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
I made half the recipe so only 1 papillote. I used 2 green onions instead of red onion. Next time I'll add more mushrooms. It tastes really good. Thanks Diner :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
This is a great way to cook vege's when you're grilling. Easy to prepare, and everyone asking for more. Next time I will reduce the red pepper to 1/4 teaspoon. Loved it!
We loved this! Our kind of food. Love packet cooking. Assembled earlier in day. Served with grilled Italian sausage and roasted butternut squash and for dessert chocolate lava cakes. Did reduce sesame oil but otherwise made as posted. Thank you for post.