Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Makes 12 wraps in 30 minutes or fewer! From Vegetarian Times, July 1997.
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce or 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1/4-inch sliced (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- vegetable oil, for brushing eggplant
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 250 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil and bake about 10 minutes, or until heated through. Alternatively, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together garlic, tamari or soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Preheat stove-top grill or griddle according to manufacturer's directions. Brush eggplant lightly with oil and place, oiled side down, on grill. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer eggplant to a platter and brush with garlic sauce, then cut each slice into three.
- To assemble, place 2 to 3 pieces eggplant in each tortilla. Garnish wit h dollop of yogurt and sprinkling of sesame seeds. Wrap tortilla around filling ingredients.