Makes 12 wraps in 30 minutes or fewer! From Vegetarian Times, July 1997.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce or 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1/4-inch sliced (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- vegetable oil, for brushing eggplant
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Heat oven to 250 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil and bake about 10 minutes, or until heated through. Alternatively, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds.
- 2Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together garlic, tamari or soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- 3Preheat stove-top grill or griddle according to manufacturer's directions. Brush eggplant lightly with oil and place, oiled side down, on grill. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer eggplant to a platter and brush with garlic sauce, then cut each slice into three.
- 4To assemble, place 2 to 3 pieces eggplant in each tortilla. Garnish wit h dollop of yogurt and sprinkling of sesame seeds. Wrap tortilla around filling ingredients.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Grilled Eggplant Wraps With Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 691.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: