Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yet another recipe posted in preparation for Zaar's World Tour 4! Preparation time does not include the 30 minutes needed to marinate chicken breasts.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cups mixed greens
- Place chicken breasts in a deep dish.
- In small bowl, whisk together all other ingredients EXCEPT lettuce.
- Pour half of this mixture over chicken, reserving remaining halv as dressing.
- Cover breasts & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler or prepare grill.
- Place chicken under broiler or on grill, cooking until no longer pink in center & juices run clear, about 5-10 minutes on each side.
- Slice chicken into short strips & serve over lettuce, topped with reserved dressing.
Very nice salad. It's not quite as "Asian " as I would think it should be, so I added extra (fresh) ginger. I also added thinly sliced cucumber and used sliced scallions as a garnish. Marinating the chicken is imperative. Overall, this a I nice, easy salad meal. Thanx!
I have to agree with Jubes. I think that marinading the chicken over night would of made the salad even better. Not that I didnt love it because it was wonderful. I put dried cranberries and almonds in the salad,, This is a 5 stars for me
* Reviewed for ZWT6 Whine and Cheese Gang * Totally loved it. Delicious. Minimal ingredients, minimal prep and cooking time. I prepared the marinade/dressing and cooked the chicken last night...in order to have a quick meal to put together for a busy family Friday night tonight. I actually thought the dressing had improved with the 24hours. I also used an extra marinated/cooked chiken breast for Broccoli and Chicken Stir-Fried Rice. A great recipe Syd- thanks for sharing. And it was great to cook a recipe that I didn't need to make any chages at all to be gluten-free suitable :) Photos also being posted