Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black bean paste
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, drain well.
- Grill 5 minutes per side or until cooked or, bake at 375 for 30 minutes (until juices run clear when pierced with a fork). Remove to a serving platter.
- Heat marinade until boiling. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve over grilled chicken. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
tried this recipe on my boyfriend, who dislikes asian food of ant sort. didn't tell him name of recipe or ingred., until after when he said he loved it. we have had it several times since. have brought to pot luck dinner parties... every one who has tasted it, raved.
Good flavor, but I feel it is better used as just a marinade or BBQ sauce. It is may too strong to be pored over your meal.
We really liked this chicken dish. I only used 1/2 tbsp. of hot pepper sauce as some of the family does not do spicy foods that well and it still had plenty of kick for me and hubby. I also used 2 lbs. of chicken breast witout adding additional ingredients and it turned out great. Still enough sauce for each breast. Thanks for sharing this one!