Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a super-simple recipe that I received in an e-mail from Swanson's Creative Cooking. I have not tried it yet, but I'm posting it for Zaar World Tour II. (Note: Cooking time includes 1 hour marinating time.)
- 414.03 ml Swanson chicken broth
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- MIX broth, soy, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder and red pepper in shallow nonmetallic dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hours Remove chicken from marinade.
- GRILL or broil chicken 15 minute or until done, turning and brushing often with marinade.
- HEAT remaining marinade to a boil and serve with chicken.
Juicy, nice flavor, could use a little more kick, my own fault, don't like VERY spicy so used just a dash of ground red pepper. Circumstances prevented us from cooking it that night so it marinated overnight. Got home too late to grill it, hubby cooked in a skillet with asparagus & broccoli. Very yummy. Definitely will try the grill next time and thinking I might add a can of diced green chili peppers and maybe two dashes ground red pepper and some salt, too.
Nice juicy chicken but light on flavour. I thought the red pepper flakes would have given it more of a kick.
Yum! The chicken was moist and tender, but not as spicy as I had hoped. I boiled the left over marinade as directed in recipe to reduce and thicken it, then served it beside the chicken. Delish! We served it with sweet potato fries and sweet rice.