1/1 Photo of Asian Grilled Beef Salad
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Northwest Lynnie's Note:
This recipe uses a fabulous technique that gives you more flavor than regular marinating does - you put the meat in the marinade AFTER you cook it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (dark)
- 1Combine all marinade/dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- 2An hour before grilling, remove steak from the refrigerator, dry with paper towels, and bring to room temperature, uncovered.
- 3If you are using flank steak, make diagonal cuts accross both sides of the meat to help tenderize it.
- 4Grill steak to desired doneness.
- 5Let rest 10 minutes.
- 6Slice the steak thinly across the grain of the meat.
- 7Put slices in a bowl and pour half of the dressing/marinade over them.
- 8Toss salad greens with a small amount of marinade/dressing, just enough to coat them.
- 9Put greens on a large platter or on 6 individual plates.
- 10Arrange vegetables in a decorative manner on greens.
- 11Place beef slices in the center of the salad.
- 12To take this camping or on a picnic, bag all ingredients separately, and combine at the site.
- 13It's best to put the steak slices in the marinade/dressing while they are still warm, but don't leave them in for more than 20 minutes.
- 14Pass extra marinade/dressing on the side.
- 15Cooking time includes time for meat to come to room temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Grilled Beef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 984.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 25.0 g