Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
We decided to actively look for vegetable dishes that "our Cuban resident's" would eat - they seem to hate them without even trying them. This seemed like an interesting take on green beans - have changed & added a few things - found in EatingWell, July 8th Newslatter.
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 453.59 g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 118.29 ml water
- 354.88 ml frozen stir fry vegetables, with pea-pods thawed
- 14.79 ml black bean sauce (with garlic)
- 118.29 ml sliced mushrooms
- chopped cashew nuts (toasted)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring often, until seared in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes for tender-crisp or 6 minutes for tender.
- Uncover, increase heat to medium-high, add stir-fry vegetables, mushrooms and black bean-garlic sauce; cook, stirring often, until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.