Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Emeril from the Food Network.
- 1 lb long green beans, trimmed, cooked, and cooled
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons crushed toasted peanuts
- In a bowl toss all ingredients together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
Great make ahead party salad! I served this at a casual BBQ and it fit in perfectly. I find it's not overwhelmingly Asian, just the right amount of sesame flavour to liven things up and nice to have peanuts in a salad for a change. I made it the day before, just added the tomatoes close to serving time. I'm sure I'll make this again.
I did not like this very much. To be honest, I'm sure it's not the recipe. My hubby and I like Asian food, but this was just a little too Asian for our taste. Very pretty though! Made for ZWT 4.
Simply perfect! I made exactly as posted and the combination of seasonings with the oil/vinegar is right on. It has all the ingredients and colors I love! Green and red. I also appreciate that it can be made a bit ahead of the rest of the meal. The peanuts do add a nice crunch factor. Thanks Lainey6605 for sharing another wonderful recipe! Made for ZWT 4.