Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another (EASY) casserole to use those mushy canned green beans. A comfort-food casserole. Adapted and modified from a friend's recipe. Nothing Asian-authentic about it....but it does use soy sauce. ;)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup French fried onion rings, the canned French's
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish; set aside.
- Mix together all ingredients EXCEPT the canned french-fried o-rings.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the canned french-fried onions.
- Bake an additional 5-7 minutes until the french fried onions are golden brown.