Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from Legal Seafood, a restaurant in Boston.
Make and share this Asian Glazed Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- Place the sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, a dash of red pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice in a nonreactive saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce forms a glaze.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the salmon on a broiler pan and baste with the sauce.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Broil them until cooked through, about 8 minutes, basting again with the glaze.
- Remove the salmon from the heat and baste once more with the glaze before serving.
This was an absolutely delicious glaze! I will definitely use it again. Keep an eye on your broiler, though %u2013 mine runs hot, even for a broiler, so I only ended up cooking the filet for four minutes, by which point the glaze was well-browned and the filet was cooked to about medium, which is my preferred doneness for good salmon.
This was some of the BEST salmon I've ever had!
The taste is great. Trouble was I overcooked it and it turned into a candy/toffee like texture.... hardened when cooled and did not spread well onto fish. I WILL make it again (because it had a great taste), but I will add more ginger, boil for less than 20 minutes and cook the fish for a shorter period of . I found 8 minutes resulted in a very well done fillet.