Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I love this marinade but don't always want it on hens so I have substituted 4 bone-in chicken breast halves for the hens. I marinate at least 2 hours, baked at 400º for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. I poured marinade over the chicken before baking and basted every once in awhile as it was baking. This recipe is adapted from the Southern Living 2000 Annual.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Cornish hens
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large heavy duty zip-top plastic bag; add hens. Seal and chill 8 hours.
- Remove hens from marinade, reserving marinade. Tie ends of legs together, if desired, and place on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan. bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan, remove from heat.
- Bake hens at 400º for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until hens are done, basting occasionally with marinade. Cover hens loosely with aluminum foil after 1 hour to prevent browning, if necessary.
- Remove hens from oven, and cover with foil; let stand 5 minutes.