Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great marinade for the chicken. I love the flavors of this, it is so yummy. You do want to give this ample time to marinade so the flavor can penetrate the chicken.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens, cut up
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
- Place chicken in 13x9 baking pan.
- Pour marinade over; turn to coat chicken.
- Cover dish and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours; turning several times.
- Heat grill, remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Grill 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken if fork tender and juices run clear.
- Turn and brush with reserved marinade several times during cooking process.
- Discard any remaining marinade.