I started to develop this recipe for the RSC #10, but was not able to perfect it in time to submit. This was inspired one day as I was eating apples celery and peanut butter for lunch and fondly remembering my Girl Scout days eating ants-on-a-log and coring apples and stuffing them with peanut butter & raisins. So, I thought I would bring in the Asian chicken satay twist to tie it all together. This would be great if you were wanting to do something different with that leftover grilled chicken. Don't let the long ingredient list deter you, it comes together rather quickly. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small lime, juice of, to taste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts, preferably grilled, sliced
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup red cabbage, grated
- 2 crisp red apples, chopped (I like Gala or Fuji)
- 4 celery ribs, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or 1/2 cup regular raisins
- 1/3 cup red onion ring, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1If you have a blender toss all the dressing ingredients in and blend until smooth and everything is incorporated-no need to mince the ginger (I use about a good inch of ginger) or crush the garlic. Otherwise, whisk until blended and smooth.
- 2If you are fearful that your apples might turn brown before serving, toss them with a bit of lemon or lime juice before adding to the mix.
- 3Assemble all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl and add enough dressing to coat and toss.
- 4If you wish, you can arrange the salad ingredients on four individual plates and serve the dressing on the side. Serve immediately.
- 5I tend to like my salads on the dry side, If you like a lot of dressing, you might want to double the dressing recipe. Any leftovers will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Girl Scout Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.0
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 487.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar